Friday 6 March 2015

Fast Steel Jerry Can Pourer

I have struggled to find a fast steel Jerry can pourer/spout. Many don't have vent holes which makes the pouring process very slow, some have the vent hole facing the wrong way which I think makes it even slower. The long and the short of it is you need to have a spout with a vent hole that faces into the Jerry can like the
Proquip one linked to here.

I then purchased a 19mm siphon hose for the fuel hose such as this.

I forced the hose over the end using hot water to soften the hose, multigrips to stretch the hose on the inside and a prytool to help force the hose on over the pourer. I now have a long reaching pourer. I should note the 19mm ID pipe did have an OD slightly larger than an unleaded fuel filler port as the hose has to be slightly forced in but its easy enough.

Just be careful your Jerry can mouth is the right size, mine were 67mm but one was 68 and the Proquip spout wouldn't fit without filing the edges of the jerry can down and bending the spout frame.

By the way the army jerry cans look to be identical to the proquip ones super cheap sell.

No comments:

Post a Comment